MARK | MEANING |
Underlined in red | Wrong spelling / verb tense / form |
Example: | I reads my book. ► I read my book. |
Underlined in red and italicized | Unclear. Possible wrong word choice |
Example: | She war glasses. ► She wore glasses. |
Red word / punctuation mark | Insert word / correct punctuation |
Example: | We arrived late little was learnt. ► We arrived late, |
Struck through | Not necessary / irrelevant. Advise removal. |
Example: | John is a tall accountant and plays guitar really well. |
Struck through in red | Makes no sense. Advise removal. |
Example: | I go school for that I learn English. I go to school for that I |
Red punctuation mark struck through | Punctuation mark not appropriate. Advise removal. |
Example: | I like apples, and bananas. |
Bold letter | Switch to/from UPPER/lower case. |
Example: | i love Dogs ►I love dogs |
Light blue | Subject-verb agreement / choose one or the other form. |
Example: | The couple love food and eats out regularly. or ► The couple loves food and eats out regularly. |
Blank underline ________________ | Missing word (preposition, article, noun, etc.) |
Example: | Sam is __ woman ► Sam is a woman |
§ | Start a new paragraph here. |
This version was updated on 22/Oct/2009 at 9:43:41 AM
No comments:
Post a Comment